Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Fix...

I received this in an email from my step dad. I thought it was funny. I don't know if this was actually sent to Mr. Obama but it was humorous just the same.

Shamae's disclaimer--This is meant for a laugh. Not for political debate. If you might be bothered by the below post then don't read it. It's that simple. I'm not attempting to force any political views on any person, place, or thing. Just going for a few laughs. The. End.

Recently an article in the St. Petersburg Fl. Times Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

This guy nailed it!
_____

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

If not, please disregard

12 comments:

Tracy said...

LOVE this! This could really fix the economy. :)

phonelady said...

lol sounds like a plan to me .

The Lane Family said...

Shamae...this is AWESOME and I could not agree more that it would fix things ASAP!!

Jim laughed his head off as well, especially the part about allowing Congress to retire with Social Security and Medicare. I hope it is okay to share your link because Jim just had to share this with other Senate Colleagues!!!

Rachel said...

LOL! :)

Jennifer said...

Too funny! And good grief if someone does get offended!!!

LauraBro said...

I love this! so true! --also wanted to let you know- I'm having a Pampered chef party tonight in the RC commons at 7pm==I'd love you to come if you can! Italian sandwiches and other snacks and a prize to whoever brings the most friends! just wanted to make sure you knew you were invited.

Meri said...

Genius! What an awesome idea!!

Lora said...

What a great idea... lets vote on it!

irbuanosraL said...

LOL

Jennie said...

This is great! I vote in favor of it!

LaLa said...

I love it!

Wendy said...

PERFECT! Let's do it.