Thursday, June 19, 2008

Loren's Surgery

We weren't quite sure if Loren got his hernia from roofing (see post from June 4) or if he got it from pulling out our lilac bush. Either way, he got a hernia and needed surgery. We had to be to the surgery center at 6:45 a.m. yesterday morning. My mom volunteered to watch my girls overnight so that we wouldn't have to worry about finding a sitter so early in the morning.

Just a side note, they did so well with the girls, especially Sydney's shots. They had fun eating out and shopping at Toys R Us with grandma. They came home with lots of fun stuff. Thanks again Mom and Marc for doing that!

Anyway we get Loren to the surgery center and by 7:30 a.m. he is ready to be wheeled back to the operation room. By this time he was very scared (but he pretended to be macho when the nurses were around). The first nurse blew a vein in his hand while trying to insert the IV. The second nurse did a great job though and got it right in. The surgery took a little over an hour but everything went very well. When they brought him back to his room he was so out of it and was snoring SO loud! It was hilarious. So, of course, I got a video of it. We got to come home in the afternoon and he just layed around with ice on his incision area to help reduce the swelling. He is doing great today though and hasn't had much pain. I'm sure he will heal quickly--he's tough.

It is nice that he is more coherent though. He was so funny and didn't make a lot of sense. He would be talking in a normal tone and then just start talking really loud.
For example:
Loren: The ice seems to be working ok. BUT IT IS NOT THAT COLD!!

After making me jump a few times, I blamed the drugs and just snickered to myself. Then he would be trying to talk but couldn't formulate words so he was just making sounds. This made me laugh too. Anyway here are a few pics and the video from his surgery yesterday.

-After they finally got the IV in his arm.
~Getting ready to go under the knife.
~Doped up after surgery!


~Loren snoring away after surgery. I thought it was funny and decided to post it. The boy could saw logs with that snore! Loren thought this was so funny. I made sure he was ok with me posting it first. I think he is proud of how loud those snores were!


8 comments:

wendys said...

Hope you are feeling better Loren! The snoring video was great, especially with Kenny Rogers playing in the background of your blog. And I love your new Breaking Dawn widget! I still have to laugh when I think about how much you like the books and I couldn't get you to read them last year!

Heather said...

Oh man that video is too funny! My hubby would die if I put a video up of him, especially with a cute cap on like that haha!

Erin said...

That was Hilarious...well the snoring not the surgery. Hope recovery it quick.

Springer Family said...

Thank you for such a nice comment left on our blog. That is great everything went well with his surgery. Breck had that same surgery almost three years ago. You have the cutest girls! Hope all else is well. You going to Aberdeen Days, I would guess not since he just had surgery.

ashycam said...

Hey Hannah loves listening to Loren snoring. She just laughs like crazy everytime. Whenever she sees me blogging she asks to watch Loren snoring. That is quite hilarious. We hope your recovery is quick, Loren and that everyone is doing okay. We really miss you guys.

Jill said...

Hope that he is recovering well! Surgery is never fun! I cannot believe he let you post that snore..I have a pic of my hubby in an apron and he told me he would never talk to me again if I posted it!

Michelle said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm getting a kick out of what I'll call Anesthesia Terets! LOL! I bet that was hilarious! Hope you are able to both get feeling better soon; Loren with your surgery, and Shamae with your back.

Becki said...

Oh, how funny!! Hahaha! Glad the surgery went well!