Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homemade Corn Dogs Anyone?

Ok, I know, I know, fried foods are not good for us and we should avoid them at all costs. (Except for my pregnant sister Malory who is so skinny that even during pregnancy her doctor has put her on a "high fat" diet consisting of fried foods, lots of ice cream, and plenty of eating out. Ahh the life :D

Anyway, there is an adage that says, "If you're going to do something wrong, do it right." Roughly translated it means, if you are going to be eating artery clogging, high fat, greasy foods, do it right by trying these home made corn dogs. They are quick, they are simple, they are fried goodness. I promise you will LOVE them! They are better than the corn dogs at the fair! Give them a try and let me know what you think!

P.S. thanx for the recipe Malory and Drew :D

Homemade Corn Dogs

Ingredients
1 C. flour
2/3 C yellow cornmeal
2 TBL white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 TBL shortening
1 egg
3/4 C milk

Procedure
Mix all dry ingredients well.
Crumble in shortening until shortening is in fine balls.
Add liquid ingredients and mix well.
-Skewer hot dog on Popsicle stick and roll through batter until covered.
-Fry until golden brown.
-ENJOY!

6 comments:

Jess and Jer said...

Hey Shamae, I just updated myself on your blog, I didn't know that Sydney has diabetes, I am sorry that has to be hard. A friend of mine is diabetic, they found out around the age of 4 as well, she had to check her insulin and give herself shots all the time, now she has an insulin pump, but over all she does pretty well. I will have to try the homade corndogs, that sounds good, plus the kids will love it.

wendys said...

I'll have to take your word for it on the corn dogs! But FYI I'm pretty sure it's corn meal, not mill. (That's an Eastern Idaho accent I've noticed. Like saying still instead of steel!)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Thanks for always improving my writing and grammar Wendy. :D Only a real friend would feel comfortable enough to do that. he he he :P

Craig and Janalyn said...

Yum! These sound good! I can always count on you for a new yummy recipe!
Hey I was happy to hear that Syd's walk went so well! Love the news clip!!!!

Jayson & Carrie said...

OH dang...I'm a sucker for fair corn dogs...my mouth is watering just thinking about it! And as for Mal...that is just not fair!!! Grrr... except that she's nice and too cute to be mad at! LOL

TeamBennett said...

Hi Shamae! Definitely going to try the corn dog recipe. Peter loves em. I guess his momma does too. ;) Glad that you guys are well. I need to update my blog, but wanted to catch up on everyone else's first. Catch you later!!