Thursday, July 22, 2010

Corn on the cob is a right of passage...

I would venture to say that corn on the cob is a right of passage most children get to enjoy. Yes? It seems my family enjoys this treat often each year. The first 2 pictures are documenting Sydney's first experience with corn on the cob at our local fair. She was 1 month shy of 2 years old...awww the simpler days where feeding her was simply that--feeding her.

But this post is not about eating with or without Type 1 Diabetes, it's about corn on the cob. A wonderful pleasure whether diabetes is part of your life or not. Sydney enjoyed it then and has loved it ever since. (BTW I did fall victim to "first time mom syndrome" where I documented these things with Syd but failed to with Morgan. Woops!"


~This is Sydney tonight while she enjoyed a lovely grilled ear of corn on the cob. We commented how surprised we were that she could eat it as well as she did considering she is missing a few teeth. But that didn't stop her. Of course, what child or adult would let a few missing incisors affect their love for a food? None that I can think of!

~But Morgan, oh my little Morgan, she gets the most excited for something as simple as corn...well only corn on the cob...she inhales the stuff, devours it, and wants more.

So, my question for you is, have you indulged your kids with corn on the cob lately? If not, enjoy it while we still have the pleasure of summertime to eat it in.

8 comments:

Meri said...

We have indulged at least a dozen times this summer. It is a family fave!

I love that they can still eat it with no front teeth! When M had his braces on I had to cut it off for him...it still was a big hit. :)

Jayson & Carrie said...

Love the pics, they are so dang cute! My kiddos love it, also and always eat a ton! I hate stuff getting stuff in my teeth and always cut it off. Lame...I know! lol Glad you guys are enjoying simple summer fun. Loves!

Springer Family said...

Your girls are so darling! We have had corn on the cob almost every weekedn. Cali loves it and I need to take a picture of her eating it. Hope you are feeling well with you pregnacy and all. Take care!

The Lane Family said...

It is good to know that I am not the only mom who documented everything with my first child but find it a little bit more difficult with the 2nd and 3rd :)

WE LOVE CORN, here as well and I agree it is a great summertime delight!!

The pictures of the girls are so darn cute and I cannot believe how much they are growing. I am sure they are going to be a huge help when the new baby comes!!

Unknown said...

AWWW ... so cute!!! We enjoyed some the other night as a matter-of-fact. The kids just love it.

Here's to summertime!!!

The Crazy Pancreas said...

What great pictures! Z has just started eating corn off of the cob, he LOVES it now!

Definitely a great summer food!

LaLa said...

We LOVE corn on the cob!! Yum!!

I love those adorable pictures!

phonelady said...

we live in corn country girl and love it .