My friend Wendy at Candy Hearts told me a few months ago about the new insertion set for the MM pump. It's called "The Mio." (That needed to be said with dramatic tone. ;) We decided to try them. They are supposed to be very similar to the inset that Animas makes--which I've heard good things about.
We have been using "The Mio" for a couple weeks now and here are my thoughts.
1) I love that it comes with it's own insertion set. It makes traveling so much easier and I don't have to remember to bring our own inserter.
2) It comes in colors...pink, blue, and white...which for a 6 year old girl is just dandy!
3) It seems to be stickier than the quicksets. We haven't had the problem of the edges curling up yet!
1) The inserter is pretty big and makes inserting on a child more difficult that the quick set inserter.
2) It is more difficult to take the pump off...Syd could undo the quickset on her own but I have to unhook the Mio from her site when she baths now.
3)Because of the size of the Mio inserter, I do think the quickset is easier to use. Not that the Mio is super difficult but the quickset is a bit easier.
Overall, we have been pleased with it. We haven't had any major issues with it and her numbers have been pretty good. So I recommend giving them a try! In my own little world I can pretend the reps and Minimed actually read my blog so my recommendations for them are to shrink the insertion set and make it easier for children to unhook the tubing from their site.
Here are some pics...
21 hours ago