Monday, May 14, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week 2012

Meet Karen, she is a lover of knitting, her cat, and her husband. She doesn't work in the medical field but is very qualified to give advice in the field of Diabetes because she, like Miss Sydney, lives with Type 1 Diabetes. Three years ago she had an idea, lets have 1 week out of the year where anyone who blogs about diabetes in any capacity can unite together and write a blog a day for 7 days. Each day comes with a new topic to write about. The idea is that bloggers can jump from blog to blog to read a variety of opinions on specific topics for a week.  We can learn new ideas, tricks, or just get support from other bloggers who live with the struggles with this disease.  Monday's topic is to meet new friends. So, I'm going to share some of my favorite blogging buddies I've met over the past 4 years since Sydney's dx.  This is not a difficult topic for me because I already have a list of blogs on the right hand side of the page. Scroll down til you see "Naturally Sweet Blogs for Kids with Type 1 Diabetes."  I look forward to meeting new friends this week and gaining a deeper knowledge about this disease that plagues Sydney's body 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. 365 days a year. Til death may they part. 


If you haven't yet, meet my girls, from left to right is Morgan (6), Hadlee (17 months), Sydney (8) and a Type 1 Diabetic since she was 4.  

I like to use music and make videos to tell a story and touch people's hearts. I have done that with Sydney and am sharing one such video below. Take a peek. Feel free to share. 

 

On that note, bloggers everywhere, welcome to
  

2 comments:

Misty said...

Loved hearing Syd singing!!! Beautiful!!

I have been sooo absent from the DOC lately! I am hoping that this D-Blog week will give me the jump start I need to get back into it.

The Lane Family said...

Sydney is AWESOME singing!! LOVE it!!! I also love the picture of the girls..they are just growing up so fast!!