Sunday, December 22, 2013

It wasn't until this morning that I remembered that Shamae had written a poem for her grandma Ruth several years ago following the passing of you grandpa Keith. I realized that now would be a great time to post this on behalf of Shamae as it applies to her now as well.

Together for Christmas ©
The tears in your eyes I know you can’t hide,
In front of our family, I've seen how you've tried.
You want to be strong, but the ache is too great.
When I passed on, I saw your heart break.

But please don’t cry, no don’t shed a tear.
You don’t understand; the plan is not clear.
You see the side where I’m dead and gone.
But don’t you worry, it won’t be long,
Till your eyes are opened and you see the light--
You see, I’m in Heaven where it stays very bright.

Christmas is coming and I know you are scared,
Because this is a holiday we always have shared.
I miss you too and in my heart there’s an ache,
Because I won’t be around to make this year great.

But you’ll be surrounded by family and friends,
Who love you dearly and will be there to lend,
A shoulder to cry on or just share a smile.
They will be with you and stay for a while.

But I want you to know that I’ll also be there,
This holiday season we still get to share.
Although I know you cannot see,
I'll be sitting beside you with our family.
My hands on your shoulders, I’ll give you a squeeze,
As I sit beside you around our Christmas tree.

So please don’t cry, no don’t shed a tear,
Because I will be with you for Christmas this year.
By: Shamae Lyon

2 comments:

Joanne said...

This is beautiful... Merry Christmas to you and your sweet girls!

wendys said...

Thank you for posting that. It was very sweet and very Shamae.