Sunday, October 12, 2008

We Are Back!

Well our Southern California trip was so much fun! We had a blast! The 15 hour car ride was not so fun but Sydney and Morgan are troopers! They travel so well! I will try and condense my ramblings so you can enjoy the pics! Also, you can check out the slide show for plenty more pics than I can add here.

We arrived on Sat. the 4th around 7 p.m. That night we just ordered pizza and went to bed. I can't figure out why sitting in the car on my duff all day just wears me out! The next day we took the girls to the beach. What we thought would be fun, turned into an adventure. Both girls were TERRIFIED of the beach! They were so scared of the waves. They screamed for the first thirty minutes we were there! I am sure people passing by thought we had come to dispose of the girls in the ocean! At one point Morgan screamed, through her tears, "Take me away from this crazy water!" After about 30 minutes they warmed up a little but still insisted on holding our hands or arms or legs the entire time we were there. Here are some pics from that adventure!



We spent Monday and Tuesday in Disneyland! On and a side note, Loren got pulled over by a cop on the way to the happiest place on earth because he didn't know how to properly navigate a car pool lane. We don't have to deal with those in our little town. The cop let us off the hook though but only after making fun of hicks from Idaho. At Disneyland both my girls surprised us by LOVING the roller coasters. Sydney was big enough to ride some of the bigger ones. She loved Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Soaring over California and the Matterhorn Mountain. Morgan was only big enough to go on the Matterhorn but we rode that one about 10 times (seriously!) The girls loved meeting the princesses and the other Disney characters and the parade was so cool! They also play the song from the movie Brother Bear a lot. The parks were so much fun for both the kidos and the parents!
The rest of the week we went to the Santa Ana zoo, the Discovery Science Center (where we laid on a bed of nails) and the Midway Museum. The Midway was a special experience because this was the ship Loren's dad was stationed to for the twenty years he was in the navy.
~Laying on nails.




We also had the super fun privilege of meeting my friend Shelia and her cute little family. We have been "Internet friends" for about 4 years now and we finally got to meet. Her daughter Rylie is 2 weeks older than Sydney and her son Brandon is 2 weeks younger than Morgan. We had so much fun together. We just clicked! Thanks again for such a fun night Shelia and Andrew! When our night was over Sydney and Rylie wanted to have a sleepover and they wanted to be twin sisters. It was cute!
(Trying to get a picture with everyone looking at the camera is virtually impossible!)
And after all that fun we finally came home. And what did we come home to...oh about 2-3 inches of snow and a snowstorm on the freeway along with 32 degree F weather. The girls of course wanted to go right out and play in it. Oh I miss the warmth of southern Cali. What a great trip!

14 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

I'm jealous! It looks like you had great time, what a great family vacation!!

Stringham Family said...

Welcome Home to the Snow! Lucky you to have a warm break! Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you could enjoy such a fun vacation! Glad you had safe travels!

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!! The pic with you guys lying on the nail bed is crazy I have always wanted to try that to see if it really works!!

Erin said...

Shamae baby! It's been forever, I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around lately. Hmm, maybe I should pay more attention, eh?
I'm glad you had a blast in CA... I am so jealous! I miss In-N-Out Burger so badly (and my family too). But, oh! The food, the fries, the smells!!! Mmmmm.
Too bad about the garden though, my tomatoes were still being retarded & just barely figuring out that they were supposed to turn RED. I still had over 70 on the vine....ugh!

Erin said...

It doesn't matter how old you are, Disney Land is so magical. I would love to take Aubrey there. What great memories your little girls will have. Welcome home and BRRRRRR, it is soooo cold.

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Your girls are so darn adorable! I need a vacation badly!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'm still in shock about the bed of nails! We had a blast meeting you guys too! I love the story of your girls at the beach almost as much as the one about the car pool lane! LoL!
Come again soon!

Craig and Janalyn said...

Oh what a fun vacation!! I love Disneyland-- you took so many great pictures! It makes me want to go back right away! Very cute pics, I love the one of you and Morgan at the beach.

laurawh said...

Looks like ya'll had so much fun!! I am so jealous! Parker yesterday asked me where Disney World was and that he wanted to go there! And snow!! What already! It has been almost 90 here! Your girls are so cute as always! And thanks for the Bday wishes!

Laura

Audrey said...

I'm glad y'all had a good trip. It's hard traveling with kids. I think the picture of the girls at the beach is so great. I guess it's better to be frighten by it then jump in too deep. I hope the snow melts before I get back.

Andersen Family said...

Hey, it looks like you guys had a great trip. We love southern Cali--that's where I want to move next. Enjoy the snow, you'll only have it for the next seven months :) I can't get over how adorable your girls are!

ashycam said...

It looks like so much fun. I am not surprised Syd was scared of the waves, I remember when we first moved to Ridge Crest she was scared of the wind. They are so cute. We miss you guys so much.

Micah and Jen said...

What fun....sorry you came home to snow!

wendys said...

Glad you had fun! And wow, you are getting tons of comments on your blog, aren't you glad I made you start one?