Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Milestone!

For some time now Syd has been noticing that other kids in her preschool were losing teeth left and right. She was very envious and has asked numerous times when she was going to join the Toothless Wonder Club. Finally, last night, as we were brushing her teeth we noticed a little wiggling behind the toothbrush. We relayed the news to Sydney and she was beside herself with excitement! We could hardly get her to go to sleep! She has been working on that sucker all day and finally, after much pushing and tugging, the tooth broke free! After looking at it for a moment she got a deep look of perplexity on her face and said, "Mom is this my sweet tooth?" After a little giggle I said, "No Syd, I'm sure your sweet tooth is still very much there." What a funny little girl!

~As soon as she woke up, literally as soon as she woke up, she wanted to eat an apple to try and get the tooth free. It wasn't until she was about 3/4 of the way through (and 30 minutes into it) that I realized I had got caught up in the excitement of the loose tooth fiasco and totally forgot to check her blood sugar and give her insulin. Her sugar had gotten up there a little bit because, well, apples are full of carbs and will do that after 30 minutes with no insulin compensation but we gave her some insulin and straightened the situation out. She didn't let it slow her down...


~Trying the floss method. It didn't work. The good old fashioned yanking method worked great though. :-)


~Oh the cute, coveted baby tooth. Look at that gap?

~"So how much will the toothfairy bring me mom?" Hmmm we haven't thought that far ahead yet. What is the going rate for teeth these days anyway?
Sniff Sniff...my baby is growing up!

11 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

Yeah for Sidney!! I think my kids are going to get teeth like their mom. I didn't lose my first tooth until 3rd grade! Lets hope he doesn't get that curse!!

laurawh said...

Oh my goodness can I say how I so am not ready for all of this! Cute!! and I think $1 is still the rate or $2 for the big ones! Although, I do have one crazy friend that gives $10 and $20 but that is a rich tooth fairy and knows Parker's tooth fairy is not that rich!

wendys said...

Wow, impressive!

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute!

Rachel said...

Good for you Sydney. Tristan loved looking at the pictures. He was very happy for you!

The Bartschi's said...

That is so cute!!

Amy said...

That's awesome- made me smile this morning! :)

Unknown said...

Way to go Syd! I hope you got something good from the tooth fairy ;)

periwinkle4 said...

Very cool! My boys loved the pictures too.

Jayson & Carrie said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe she lost a tooth! That is such a "grown up" little kid thing...sad!! It made me wonder when Jayden will start...if he's like me he'll have baby teeth until 8th grade! She sure looks cute with that gap!

Dawn said...

My kids have all been such wimps about losing teeth. I will have to have Gavan talk to Syd when he starts losing teeth.