Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife Movie Review

A little over a year ago I did a book review on my blog about the book, The Time Traveler's Wife. Click the link to read my review. Anyway, about a month and a half ago I saw a trailer for the movie. I was very excited. My mom is also a big fan of the book so we decided on opening night, we would go watch it! I have heard many mixed reviews about the movie...as for my thoughts...I loved it! I laughed. I cried. It was great! The movie was cleaner than the book although you do get a couple sneak peaks of Henry's (Eric Bana) rear end. So, I would recommend the movie. If you have yet to see the trailer...see below.

~umm it was hard to take a pic of all four of us a the theater. This is the best we could do. L--->R my sister Hailey, my mom, me, and my sister Malory.


7 comments:

Meri said...

I am planning to see it with my sister in law next week! Last week we saw Julie and Julia and we absolutely loved it!

Rosa said...

I am almost done with the book! I can't wait to see the movie!

Liza said...

So glad to hear that you liked it! I've been wanting to see it, but wanted to wait until I heard what someone else thought of it! I'm so going to see it now!

Stringham Family said...

Ok, so I don't know if I should pay the $ to go and see it or not. There are no in between people. I've either heard that you either really love it or really hate it. I'm just not sure that I want to see it until it comes out and is only a $1 just in case. I'm glad you liked it though. That is one more person who liked it. Maybe after a few more reviews from other people I might decide what I want to do.

The Lane Family said...

I just finished the book and except for some of the language, I thought it was pretty good. I am glad to see the movie is cleaner than the book. I am sure I will being seeing it once it comes out on video since it is a little hard to get to a movie these days :) I love the trailer you put in the blog!!

Kari said...

Oh Shamae!! I went and saw it because I saw the preview and it looked sooo good, but in all honesty I HATED it!! it felt so slow and there was really no point to the movie. I felt confused through most of it and was kind of put out by the sexual content and nudity. Needless to say the people next to us in the theater got up and left half way through it and when it was over I was thoroughly disappointed. But I'm glad you liked it.

Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

Thanks for the movie review, i also read book and can't wait to see the movie!! Glad you liked it!