Monday, July 21, 2008

New Read

I finally finished this book! I started reading it about a month ago. One night while I was reading my sister called me and I put the book down to talk. Loren picked it up and began reading. He got into the book quickly and I ended up letting him finish reading it before I offically started reading it again. Here is my review.

The Time Traveler's Wife The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I enjoyed this book but it took a few chapters before I really got into it. It is a bit confusing at the beginning until the reader understands the way the story is written and understands the rules of Henry's time travelling.


It is about a man named Henry who time travels; however, he has no control over where or when he goes. The whole book is about the dynamic relationship between he and his wife Clare. It is written in first person through either Henry or Clare's eyes. The author made it clear whose point of view you were reading. That was never confusing. There were several places where the descriptions got tedious. A couple of things to be aware of before reading the book are the harsh language in places and a few descriptive love scenes.


Overall I did enjoy the story. The author created memorable characters and an interesting plot line. Once the reader gets past the first four or five chapters the book gets much more interesting.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Misty Kesler said...

Love the new hair !!!! Super cute! Looks like you have had a busy summer, Lots of fun stuff going on. Thanks for the Twilight trailer Loved It!

Jill said...

You look very cute as a brunette. It was fun to see pictures of your fam and Grandma Ruth...I love your Grandma Ruth! She is the sweetest lady ever!

And I wanna know how you have the time to read all these books, be an excellent blogger, and wonderful mother! How do you do it all?

Oh and thanks for the twilight trailer, I'm glad to finally see an extended one!