Of course we can! Here are a few things that have made me smile lately...
1) After a "Stranger Danger" lesson, "Mom if I ever got kidnapped I would just use my tubing on my pump to wrap up the bad guy!"
2) "Mom, whats a revolution?"
"When a group of people get together with one idea to make a change."
"Well what if we got a bunch of Type 1 kids together and let our pancreases have a revolution for better blood sugars?"
3) "Mom now that we are in bunk beds, you will have to stand on your tippy toes to check my sugar at night! I bet that will look funny when you have a big ole baby belly!"
4) "Site changes stink mom!! Just like dad's feet!"
5) "My sugar is 267. I guess Daisy (her pump) needs a time out for not doing her job!"
These are just a few of the things Syd has said regarding her T1 that have made me smile. Now it's your turn...what makes you smile in spite of everything else that T1 encompasses? Or, if you have no T1 affiliation, what just makes YOU smile? :-)