Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hadlee Update...

Hadlee is growing like a weed. I can't believe she is already 8 1/2 months old. I was hoping my last baby could stay a baby longer but the time seems to go faster.  At 8 months old she is army crawling everywhere. Eating everything. Doesn't like baby food but seems to know how to gum down anything on my plate. She has 2 bottom teeth. She says mamma, dadda, and baba (bottle). She was weighed last week when she went for a checkup on her ear infection...she is 15lbs 2 oz...still tiny for her age but developing right on track...even though she was preemie. We kept her cooped up in the house for so long during the cold months because we didn't want her to get sick...she has pretty sick lungs at birth. Click here for pics of that. So people are surprised she is so big and wiggly cause not many people saw her at first. But she is coming along great. She is so much fun for us!

She loves her sisters and loves to smile. She hardly cries...literally. She never cries when she wakes up. We just hear her on the monitor playing happily. Which brings me to my next point, she is in her own room in the nursery now and not in the pack n play next to my bed. It was a hard transition but she doesn't seem to mind. She is finally sitting up...that took a while. Now she doesn't stay sitting up long because she flops on her belly and takes off.

She does seem to have very, very sensitive hearing and jumps and the littlest sounds...like 2 tylenol falling on my hardback book next to my bed. But it doesn't seem to upset her. She jumps and then gets back to whatever she was doing.  Her foot still turns in but when she puts pressure on it, it seems to straighten so I think that is a problem she will outgrow as she walks. And her eye issues seem to be resolving themselves as she has grown. We are very thankful for that!

She is such a joy to have around! Here is a video I took of her cute little army crawl...I think she looks like a baby sea turtle who just hatched on the beach and is trying to get to the ocean. Syd and Mo never did the army crawl so this has been fun to watch! We also found out that starting at 12 months old we can do blood testing annually to see if she has or develops the antibodies found in people who develop Type 1 Diabetes, like her big sister Sydney. However, we are opting out of that til she is older and we can talk to her about it.  It doesn't fix anything or change if they get T1...it is just more of an advance warning and they do some trials to see if they respond to certain trial meds. But it's not for us at this age.  Anyway, onto the video. :)


3 comments:

Rosa said...

I love the little video -- she is sooo cute!!

Unknown said...

That army crawl totally cracks me up :) She's so cute and I love her babble :)

Unknown said...

That army crawl totally cracks me up :) She's so cute and I love her babble :)