Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Family Pictures 2009

We finally got our family pictures taken! I think they turned out great! Here they are...

~Meet Sydney. 6 years old. Loves all kind of food...except mushrooms, eggs, and milk. Very sensitive and empathetic to the plight of others. Oh, and she loves the camera.

~Meet Morgan. She is quite the opposite of Sydney. She is feisty. And independent. And opinionated and tells ya "whats up." But she has a very soft side that is hard to penetrate but I love it when it happens. She is a picky eater who loves eggs and milk. She is also the comic relief in our family.
~Sydney loves to play the, "What am I spelling, mom?" game. It goes like this, "Mom what am I spelling, Y-B-D-A-Q-O?" I say, "I have no idea." She grins.
~Meet my family. We are outdoorsy, board game lovin, reading fanatics, prank pulling, lots of laughs sorta folks.
~Meet my husband. He loves pizza and rootbeer. Not a fan of spicy foods. Not a fan of new foods. But he is a fan of giving me backrubs, foot massages, and snuggling.
~This picture shows Sydney and Morgan's personalities. Morgan has a "My parents totally bribed me for this smile, and to stay clean, and not to jump in the dirt to make 'smoke'. I made out great today!" kind of grin on. Sydney has a, "I'm beautiful. I know it. I'm gonna show it off" sort of pose going on.
~At this point Syd's sugar was low. She hadn't told us quite yet, but looking at this picture I can "see" the low in her face. Morgan was finally in a groove! Check out that little, genuine, beautiful smile!
~These are the faces of my dynamic duo. The jokesters of the house. They are responsible for such posts as "He is going to pop mom." Phrases heard in a diabetic home Parts 1 and 2. The I Told You So Moments And the popular Toilet Paper Seminar
~This is my better half. He is responsible for keeping me sane and smiling. I'm responsible for feeding him. It's a good trade off, don't you think?
~My family. We are a little crazy at times. We are on the go often. We tend to drive each other insane every now and then. But we drive each other insane out of love. That makes it ok. :-)
Now you have met my family!

22 comments:

Liza said...

Awesome photos Shamae!! You have a beautiful family & you can see how much you guys just like each other!

Wendy said...

WOW!!!! What beautiful pics :) They turned out great. Your family is absolutely beautiful!

Becki said...

They turned out soo cute!!

phonelady said...

Oh shamae you have a beautifull family and how nice those photos are . take care and kiss those little faces for me . Have a great evening . thanks for sharing and posting this .

Wortham Family said...

OH how i love looking at your family pictures they are so cute, Your girls are adorable. Love the back grown too.
Have a wonderfull day!

Andersen Family said...

I love the pictures! You guys are such an awesome family!!!!!

wendys said...

You look great!

The Lane Family said...

Awesome Pictures!! I need to find that kind of photographer out here!!!

Cole and Shelly Parker said...

I love them!!! So adorable.

laurawh said...

I just love them! And ya'll look so great!

ashycam said...

The pics are awesome. They all turned out great. It reminds me that I need to get our done soon. LOL Like that is going to happen.

Rosa said...

I love it -- that was a great post! The pictures -- AWSOME! I miss you guys! After this month when these settle down a little we should do one of your famous games nights. I am in need of some comic relief!!

Rachel said...

Great pictures!!!! Love the stories that comes with them! :)

The Ricks Family said...

I dont like your pics very much...just kidding, I just had to say something different than everyone else ;-) They look awesome. Can you believe how big your babies are??? It is so crazy. Thanks for calling me awhile ago, I meant to call back but we have been sick at our house, so any free time is spent doing nothing or napping. I hope all is well with you and hopefully we will talk soon.

KLTTX said...

The pictures are great and your family is gorgeous!

Joanne said...

Love the pics, your kiddos are so cute and you have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing, it was fun getting to know you better.

Mel said...

They really are great pics!!!

The Herrigs said...

Great pictures and I love the descriptions you left about your family too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is your favorite sister Hailey. You're right I laughed really hard. It was really cute, and once again i love it pics. You all look amazing and a half. :D

Micah and Jen said...

Oh this is the best post by far! I love love love how you put so much of yourselves in it! It was so fun to read all the great and wonderful things about your family! Thank you soooo much for allowing me to photograph your family. I look forward to you guys so much....you're the best at trying new things and having fun and your girls make for such genuine photos....THE BEST! And the ONLY reason these photos are so great is because you are such a beautiful family....you really make me look good! :)

Michelle said...

The pictures are so beautiful, and I love the descriptions. You have such a way with words.

Jen B said...

Awesome pics! You are all so photogenic! Yes, you to Shamae!